Pump Type - Barrel
Max Flow Rate - 3M³H
Max Head - 80M
Max Temp - 120°C
Max Viscosity - 80,000 cst
Max Solid Passage - 10mm
Self Priming - N
Pump Materials - AISI316
Inlet/Outlet Sizes - 32mm
Drive - AC Electric, Air
Max Suction Lift - 0
FLUX barrel pumps also called drum pumps are designed for transferring, emptying or dosing must existing fluids, from low to high viscosity products, these pumps are typically used for fluids that are supplied in containers such as 205 litre/45 gallon drums/barrels, 1000 litre containers called IBC's or Intermediate Bulk Container and also smaller containers 25 litre, 100 litre etc. By using a barrel pump we can avoid having to tip up the container in order to emptying it something than can often be quite dangerous and illegal thus using a drum/barrel pump is the safest and more efficient way of extracting liquid from a drum or container as wastage/spillage during the operation is next to nothing.
There are several pump tube lengths each designed specifically for the various drums and containers available on the market, the most common are 1000 mm for 205 l drums, 1200 mm for IBC's and 700 mm for smaller containers - 25 litre jerry cans, 100 litre tanks etc..
Flux high viscosity barrel pumps are positive displacement mechanically sealed eccentric worm-drive pumps also called progressing cavity pumps, this highly engineered range of pumps is typically used for transferring highly viscous fluids within the industrial, food, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries, these pumps are available in both vertical and horizontal arrangements to suit a wide variety of containers or specific installations. These range of pumps are divided in two types, the F550 industrial range and the F560 sanitary pumps for food-grade or hygienic applications, both pump types are commonly used to transfer a wide range of products from medium to high viscosity fluids, up to 80,000 cPs. The Flux F550 and F560 pump range is particularly useful for shear sensitive products as thanks to being progressing cavity pumps they are incredibly gentle on the product being pumped.
These high viscosity positive displacement barrel pumps are suitable for both fixed and mobile installations as besides from the standard vertical barrel/drum pump execution they can also be supplied trolley mounted or with a baseplate for horizontal arrangements. ATEX, 3A (FDA) certifications are also available upon request. All models are available with electric or air operated motors, can also be supplied with a VFD/VSD rated motor for variable speed/capacity requirements.
These sanitary pump range has been specifically developed for the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industry, the F560 S food-grade pump is available with FDA and 3A certification which means this sanitary pump complies with the highest European and American hygienic standards.
• Pump connected to motor via special bearing flange.
• Capable of handling viscous fluids up to 80,000 cPs.
• ATEX (explosion proof) certified upon request.
• Suitable for shear sensitive products.
• Available as a mobile solution (trolley mounted) or on a baseplate for fixed installations.
• 3 phase variable speed motor option available.
• Positive displacement pump – (Capable of maintaining flow rate at constant pressure)
• Mechanically sealed – prevents any liquid entering the internal tube section.
• Available with electric or air operated motors.
• FDA / Food-grade compliant – (3A equivalent for USA market)
• Highly efficient
• Pulsation free – smooth pumping.
Typical Industries & Fluids:
• Food & beverage
• Screen printing inks
• Anti-corrosion agents
• Additives for cosmetic creams, surfactants, peels, hair gel, lotions, shampoo
• Raw materials such as petroleum jelly, Maloxan
• Tomato sauce, dough, confectionery, sauces, baby food, fruit juice concentrates, aroma concentrate, dietary supplements.
• Three phase motors
• Compressed-Air motors – FPM 4-8 Ex
• Variable speed three phase motors