Pump Type - Barrel
Max Flow Rate - 13.2M³H
Max Head - 12M
Max Temp - 80°C
Max Viscosity - 800 cst
Max Solid Passage - 2mm
Self Priming - N
Pump Materials - Aluminium
Inlet/Outlet Sizes - 25mm to 32mm
Drive - AC Electric
Max Suction Lift - 0
FLUX barrel pumps also called drum pumps are designed for transferring, emptying or dosing must existing fluids, from low to high viscosity products, these pumps are typically used for fluids that are supplied in containers such as 205 litre/45 gallon drums/barrels, 1000 litre containers called IBC's or Intermediate Bulk Container and also smaller containers 25 litre, 100 litre etc. By using a barrel pump we can avoid having to tip up the container in order to emptying it something than can often be quite dangerous and illegal thus using a drum/barrel pump is the safest and more efficient way of extracting liquid from a drum or container as wastage/spillage during the operation is next to nothing.
The pumping action and operation of the barrel pumps is quite simple, the pump tube is inserted into the opening of the container (bunghole) which typically is a 2 inch aperture, once the pump tube is immersed in the liquid the pumping action is done by the rotation of an impeller which is fitted at the bottom of the pump, the rotating impeller pushes the liquid up, towards the pump tube outlet and out of the discharge side of the pump.
There are several pump tube lengths each designed specifically for the various drums and containers available on the market, the most common are 1000 mm for 205 l drums, 1200 mm for IBC's and 700 mm for smaller containers - 25 litre jerry cans, 100 litre tanks etc.
These FLUX drum & IBC emptying pump kit is suitable for handling petroleum-based fluids, i.e. engine oil, diesel, heating oil etc. It is supplied as a complete pump set containing a Flux F 430 AL-41/38 in aluminium, discharge hose, aluminium hand nozzle, PP compression gland and a selection of two commutator motors; the Flux FEM 4070, 230V-50Hz-500Watt motor suitable for viscosities up to 600 cPs or a Flux F 457 800 watt-230V-50Hx motor with a max. viscosity capability of 800 cPs. This is an extremely heavy-duty drum/IBC's pump kit capable of handling abrasive products, it can also handle liquids with small solid particles whilst having quite low wear on its internals. For high flow rate applications, a 50 mm diameter discharge pump is available capable of doing a max. of 240 l/min.
• Grease lubricated shaft bearing.
• Can handle small solid particles and abrasives whilst having minimal wear.
• Can be used with a hand nozzle or pump against a close valve. (Only Temporarily)
• Mechanically sealed – prevents any liquid entering the internal tube section.
• Supplied with steel cored internal tube for added stability (Extra bearing support).
• Heavy duty ETFE impellers fitted as standard
• Fast disassembly into two main parts due to screw-on foot component, allowing the pump to be cleaned and maintained with ease.
• Heating oil
• Hydraulic oil
• Machine oil
• Engine oil
Motors Available & Capacity:
Flow rate max. 215 l/min
Discharge head max. 9.5 mwc
*Max. viscosity: 600 cPs
F 457 / F 457 EL
Flow rate max. 220 l/min
Discharge head max. 12 mwc
*Max. viscosity: 800 cPs
• Drum pump F 430 AL-41/38 in aluminium
• Optionally with either of the following motors
• Commutator motor FEM 4070, 230 Volt, 50 Hz, 500 Watt
• Commutator motor F 457, 230 Volt, 50 Hz, 800 Watt
• Petroleum hose 2 m long
• Hand nozzle aluminium
• Compression gland polypropylene