Pump Type - Progressing Cavity
Max Flow Rate - 600M³H
Max Head - 480M
Pump Materials - AISI304, AISI316, Cast Iron, Duplex
Max Temp - 150°C
Max Viscosity - 1,000,000 cst
Max Solid Passage - 30mm
Self Priming - Y
Inlet/Outlet Sizes - 25mm to 300mm
Drive - AC Electric, Bareshaft
Max Suction Lift - 8M
The North Ridge DN/JN series progressive cavity pump is excellent at handling viscous and non-viscous fluids with or without solids in suspension. There are various models of this helical rotor pump, the largest is capable of achieving flow rates up to 600m³/hr and pressures up to 48 bar.
There are two main versions of this series, each distinguished by how the motor is coupled to the pump. For the DN type, the motor is directly coupled to the pump to ensure a compact and easy maintenance design. The JN type is long coupled where a flexible coupling is installed between the pump and motor. The JN type is more robust as all the forces during pumping are absorbed by the bearing housing rather than the motor.
The casing of this positive displacement pump can be constructed from various materials including cast iron, stainless steel 304, stainless steel 316 and duplex stainless steel. The rotor is available in stainless steel 420, 304, 316 and duplex, while the stator can be supplied in NBR, EPDM, FPM, HNBR, Hypalon and PTFE. Such a wide range of material choices makes this pump series extremely versatile and capable of pumping a vast range of fluids.
Sealing options for this helical rotor pump include gland packing, gland packing with flushing, single mechanical seal, single mechanical seal with quench, double mechanical seal, single or double cartridge seals and API rated sealing systems.
This progressive cavity pump is Atex certified for handling flammable fluids and installation in non-safe areas. API 676 certification is also available if required.
This progressive cavity pump is ideal for many applications in the industrial and marine markets, including; Multiphase Boosting, fuel transfer, oil transfer, sewage transfer, bilge water transfer, bio-waste, waste water transfer, sludge transfer, marine and agriculture.
This unit can be configured for remote unmanned operation with full monitoring and control via remote control for use in multiphase boosting applications complete with API676 certification.
Progressing cavity pumps provide many benefits for this type of application including:
Handle a range of liquids from heavy oil, to high sand, particulates, water content, and poor gas slugs of 30 minutes or more without issue.
The efficiency of Oily water separators is improved as the design affects oil particles the least due to its low shear movement, meaning separation equipment captures a greater amount of undamaged oil droplets.
Provide constant flow at varying viscosity and pressure, with a combined low NPSHR Requirement meaning problems are less likely to be encountered.
Enables pumping to a central processing facility, rather than separate facilities being required for each location, reducing the costs of oil recovery, making extraction in such locations more feasible.
• Close coupled and long coupled variations
• Wide range of material options
• Modern sealed stator design, no o-ring required
• Modern rubber sleeve design to improve resistance to abrasive solids
• Numerous sealing options, including; gland packing, gland packing with flushing, single mechanical seal, single mechanical seal with quench, double mechanical seal, single or double cartridge seals and API rated sealing systems.
• Can handle viscous fluids up to 1,000,000cp
• Incorporated bearing lubrication system
• Excellent self-priming capability
• Reversible flow up to 3 bar as standard, Up to 12 bar with hydraulic balance
• Excellent at pumping fluids containing solids in suspension
• Excellent for shear sensitive fluids due to low pulsations
• Single phase and three phase 50hz / 60hz motors
• Available in different versions including flanged, vertical, hopper, oenological hopper and portable for wine transfer.
• Marine certification available
• ATEX, API676, food grade EHEDG certifications available
• Various accessories available, including; dry running protection, bypass valve, control panel, inverter, heating jacket, grinder and others on request
Read how Progressing Cavity Pumps work and the types available in our Guide