Pump Type - Lobe
Max Flow Rate - 40M³H
Max Head - 100M
Pump Materials - AISI304, AISI316, AISI316L, EPDM, NBR
Max Temp - 120°C
Max Viscosity - 100,000 cst
Max Solid Passage - 38mm
Self Priming - Y
Inlet/Outlet Sizes - 50mm to 80mm
Drive - AC Electric, Bareshaft
Max Suction Lift - 6M
The Boyser LB-S range of rotary lobe pumps are positive displacement and designed for a wide range of applications involving fluids that are low viscosity, high viscosity, solids laden and shear sensitive. The flexibility of manufacturing these pumps with either AISI-420 or AISI-316 stainless steel casings and either rubber or metal lobes enables this range to be used for both industrial and hygienic related purposes.
The lobe design creates a gentle pumping action for the handling of shear sensitive fluids and large solids such as grapes and olives. This range is self-priming, compact, reversible and creates minimal pulsations, making it extremely versatile and the ideal pump for so many situations.
Larger pumps in the LB-S range can produce flow rates up to 40m³/hr, pressures up to 10 bar and can allow the passage of solids up to 38mm in diameter. The variety of sealing options means these can be customized to accommodate liquid temperatures up to 120°C and to allow dry running indefinitely.
Maintenance and cleaning are simple due to a removable front plate allowing easy access to the internal components and mechanical seal. The ability to install heavy duty cartridge mechanical seals and replaceable internal wear plates means abrasive and aggressive fluids can be handled without concern of the complete pump wearing prematurely.
Common applications and fluids
· Food: Wine, Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Molasses, Pressed Olive Waste, Fermented Grapes, Glucose, Tomato Concentrate, Chocolate.
· Industrial: Sludge, Slurries, Manure, Effluent, Crude Oil, Glue, Inks, Paint, Fuel oil.
· Mining: Bentonite, Ceramic Slips, Calcium Carbonate.
· Oil & Gas: Seawater, Crude-Oil products, Oily Sludge, Marine spills, Mud.
· Pharmaceutical: Detergents, Surfactants, Glycerine.
· Wastewater: Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) Filtration, Effluent, Sewage.
· Custom inlet and Outlet Connections - Gooseneck connections are available ensuring the pump suction port remains fully filled with fluid. This ensures a vacuum can be created more easily, even should the lobes become heavily worn. Gooseneck pipework also ensures the conveying of gas bubbles which may form within a liquid. Vertical outlet connections allow pumps to remain compact in design. Connections can be flanged, or according to hygienic / pharmaceutical requirements for speed of cleaning or removal from pipework.
· Pressure Control – Units can be fitted with a Pressure Switch preventing pump operation at pressures likely to damage the system or pump. Alternatively, a torque limiter detects when the working action of the pump becomes strenuous preventing the pump from generating excess pressure. They can also be used to prevent pumps from dry running.
· Bypass – If pressure control is undesired, units can be configured with bypass valve pipework connected to pumps, allowing fluid to recirculate back to the pump inlet should pipework become blocked.
· Modular Configuration - Units can be baseplate mounted or mounted on trolleys allowing portability and complete with control panels allowing easy control of flow.
· Hopper with auger feed screw - Allowing the pumping of high quantities of suspended solids, and ensuring fluids are fed into the pump for transfer.
· Self-priming up to 6 metres vertically
· Reversible - Allowing versatility across applications, and recovery of fluid from hoses.
· Wear-resistant – Casing is manufactured in Stainless Steel from a single block. The pump head also contains wear plates, allowing cost effective replacement as the casing is not worn.
· Available with several sealing options – including cartridge seal and single mechanical seal for high temperatures and indefinite dry running.
· Continuous Flow - The non-pulsating lobes produce a continuous linear pumping motion.
· Low Cost and Easy maintenance – Pump Parts are accessed by removal of the front cover plate, allowing easy access without removal from the baseplate.
· Large solids passage – Up to 38mm in diameter.
· Rubber coated or metallic lobes - Allowing utilisation with aggressive chemicals, or in hygienic applications. Available in NBR (food grade), EPDM, VITON and stainless steel.
· Compact design.
· Intermediate Chamber – To eliminate the possibility of cross contamination between lubricants in the gear box and any liquid being pumped, a gap between the two housings is present. Should seal failure occur in either the gear box or pump head, fluid enters the space and can be easily seen rather than cross contaminate.
· Available with industrial or sanitary connections including flanged, DIN 11851, SMS, MACON, RJT and tri-clamp.
· Available with electric or hydraulic motor.