Pump Type - Piston/Plunger
Max Flow Rate - 13.62M³H
Max Head - 1400M
Drive - AC Electric, Engine, Bareshaft
The CAT pumps range of high pressure triplex piston pumps are heavy duty and robust, they are utilised for many high pressure applications within the industrial and marine markets. These positive displacement piston pumps are capable of handling fluids with a viscosity up to 500cp and can achieve pressures up to 103 bar.
The unique CAT pump design is what makes them capable of achieving such high pressures that are outside the realms of other pump types. Fluid moves though the piston pump in one continuous smooth direction. This design allows the pump to achieve higher suction capabilities and also reduces the risk of cavitation. Chambers within the pump hold a precise amount of fluid, this ensures a constant and precise flow is always provided. Changing the speed of the CAT pumps via a gearbox or VFD allows the pump to achieve varying flow rates while maintaining a constant high pressure.
A Pulsation dampener can be provided with the piston pump to reduce pulsations and improve the already smooth flow. Pressure regulating and pressure relief valves can also be provided to ensure the correct pressure is maintained and as a safety feature to protect the operator.
Common applications for CAT piston pumps include high pressure cleaning, misting, cooling and fogging, energy, oil and gas, marine, construction and quarrying, transport and vehicles, agriculture, food and drink, metalworking and manufacturing, chemical and processing, reverse osmosis and water, environment and waste.
There are a variety of models within the CAT triplex piston pump range that are available in 316 stainless steel and brass. Seals and o-rings are also available in a wide range of materials, including Viton, EPDM, PTFE and NBR; this makes CAT pumps extremely versatile and compatible with a wide range of fluids.
• Capable of pressures up to 103 bar and flow rates up to 228L/min
• Can achieve a constant high pressure at varying flow rates
• Flow rate is easy to maintain as the flow rate is directly proportional to the motor speed
• Can handle fluid viscosities up to 500cp
• Available in brass and stainless steel 316
• Seals and o-rings are available in a wide range of materials, including Viton, EPDM, PTFE and NBR
• Pulsation dampeners, pressure relief valves, pressure regulators and other accessories available
• Highly efficient design, typically 90% efficient, lowering running costs
• Optimised crankshafts to minimise wear
• No possible mixing of the pumped product and pump lubricant
• Atex certified models available