Pump Type - Split Casing
Max Flow Rate - 6000M³H
Max Head - 180M
Max Temp - 110°C
Max Viscosity - 200 cst
Max Solid Passage - 5mm
Self Priming - N
Pump Materials - AISI304, AISI316, AISI316L, Bronze, Cast Iron, Cast Steel, Ductile Iron, Duplex, NiAl Bronze, Super Duplex
Inlet/Outlet Sizes - 65mm to 600mm
Drive - AC Electric, Engine, Bareshaft
Max Suction Lift - 4M
The SDS split case centrifugal pump is available in a horizontal and vertical design and is capable of achieving high flow rates up to 6000m³/hr at low to medium pressures. It is designed to pump low viscosity clean or slightly contaminated fluids without the presence of solid or fibrous solids. Common fluids pumped include fresh water, sea water and fuels (diesel, petrol and kerosene) and common applications include fuel transfer, chemical, energy plants, mining, fire fighting, irrigation, water supply, water treatment, pressurisation, dewatering, marine and cooling/heating conditioning (HVAC). If required, this pump is available in a vertical version known as the SDS-V series.
This split case centrifugal pump has many benefits:
The high flow rate is made possible by the double suction impeller design. The casing is split into two chambers, this increases the suction performance and also balances the hydraulic axial forces which in turn increases the bearing life and improves reliability.
The long coupled design makes the pump very easy to maintain as it is possible to access the pump head without removing the motor. The split case pump is also more robust and designed for continuous use as additional bearings are installed in the pump head, these take a large deal of strain away from the motor during operation.
The split casing design allows the easy disassembly of the rotor group without distorting the pump alignment or the suction and discharge pipework, this in turn allows time saving while the pump is serviced/maintained.
The centrifugal pump and motor have independent shafts, this means that only the pump shaft will need to be replaced in the event of it breaking. Other less robust split casing centrifugal pumps on the market only use the motor shaft, this means that if the shaft breaks, the entire motor needs to be replaced.
The long coupled design means that there is a large space between the pump and motor, this in turn protects the motor from fluid ingress in the case of a seal failure.
The SDS split case centrifugal pump is also available in an Atex version for handling flammable fluids or being installed in a non-safe area.
If required, the SDS split casing centrifugal pump can be supplied with an external air powered or electric priming pump for applications where a suction lift is unavoidable.
· High flow rate capability up to 6000m³/hr
· Can pump a wide range of clean low viscosity or slightly contaminated fluids
· Split casing design allows for easy disassembly and maintenance
· Split casing casing increases bearing life and reliability
· Available in horizontal and vertical designs
· Maximum fluid temperature of 110°C
· Independent pump and motor shafts
· Available in cast iron, 316 stainless steel, duplex stainless steel, bronze and other materials upon request
· Suction and discharge flanges conform to EN 1092-2 / PN 16. Flanges according to EN 1092-1 / PN 16 or PN25 for steel and stainless steel casings.
· Gland packing or single, double and cartridge mechanical seal options available
· Three phase 50hz / 60hz motors. IP55 as standard.
· ATEX version upon request
· Independent certification is available upon request
· Low NPSH
· All impellers are balanced according to ISO 1940 class 6.3
· Long coupled with baseplate
· Can be supplied with an air powered or electric priming pump