Pump Type - Booster Sets
Max Flow Rate - 9M³H
Max Head - 90M
Max Solid Passage - 0mm
Self Priming - N
Pump Materials - AISI304, AISI316, Stainless Steel
Drive - AC Electric
Our AB Air Gap CAT 5 booster sets are manufactured with either 68 litre or 227 litre break tanks made from polypropylene. These sets are also referred to as backflow prevention booster sets, they come complete with a WRAS approved AB air gap and a raised ball valve chamber.
CAT 5 booster sets compensate for reductions in system pressure, they observe and increase demand when required and then maintain a constant pressure. Example installations include; Veterinary surgeries, Mortuaries, Bib tap, Laboratories, Bin washdown systems and Abattoirs.
The pump can be constructed from either stainless steel 304 or 316 and is fully WRAS approved. It can be supplied in either horizontal or vertical configuration, either option is compact. The system can be manufactured with various optional components, including; press control, pressure vessel and inverter drive. Other bespoke pump sets with up to 6 pumps and other accessories are available on request.
The optional variable speed drive allows for full control of flow rate and pressure. It varies the motor speed depending on system requirements at any given time, while still maintaining a constant system pressure. By reducing or increasing the motor speed to match the system requirements, significant power and cost can be saved. This is since the pump only produces the required flow rate and pressure at that point in time, rather than constantly running at full capacity.
The frequency drive is mounted on the discharge pipework and comes complete with LCD display to provide the operator with information on the system parameters.
Details on the inverter drive are below:
· Temperature range of 0 – 60°C
· Protection features, including; dry run protection, over current protection and over temperature protection
· Changeover of duty pump automatically
· Facility to wire a low-level float switch
· Volt free contacts to allow for remote alarm
• Horizontal or Vertical pump
• WRAS approved AB Air Gap and CAT 5 polypropylene break tank
• Compact design
• 304 or 316 Stainless Steel WRAS approved pump
• Suitable for cold water systems
• Available with integrated inverter (VFD) on request
• Available with dry run protection
• BSP connections as standard, available with flanges on request
• Raised ball valve chamber
• Optional Glycerine filled pressure gauge
• Fully wet tested and programmed prior to despatch
• Optional PWB WRAS approved 8 litre pressure vessels
• Optional BMS volt free contacts
• Power coated baseplate
• Motor options include; 230V/1Ph/50Hz, 230V/400V/3Ph/50Hz, 400V/690V/3Ph/50Hz, other voltages and 60Hz available on request
Read more about Booster Sets in our Overview