Pump Type - Self Priming Centrifugal
Max Flow Rate - 6000M³H
Max Head - 180M
Max Temp - 110°C
Max Viscosity - 200 cst
Max Solid Passage - 0mm
Self Priming - Y
Pump Materials - AISI304, AISI316, AISI316L, Bronze, Cast Iron, Cast Steel, Ductile Iron, Duplex, NiAl Bronze, Super Duplex
Inlet/Outlet Sizes - 65mm to 600mm
Drive - AC Electric, Engine, Bareshaft
Max Suction Lift - 8M
The SDS-SP is the self-priming version of the SDS split casing pump. Either an electric or air vacuum priming pump is fitted to the body to enable full self-priming capability. This variation has the full ability of the standard version; however, it can only be used for clean liquids such as sea water and fresh water containing no solid particles.
The SDS-SP split casing centrifugal pump is available in horizontal and vertical designs and can achieve high flow rates up to 6000m³/hr at low to medium pressures. This range can be used for a vast range of applications in the industrial and marine markets. Common applications include energy plants, mining, firefighting, irrigation, water supply, water treatment, pressurisation, grey water, dewatering, building systems, ballast transfer, sea water general service, scrubber systems, marine and cooling/heating conditioning (HVAC). If required, this pump is available in a vertical version known as the SDS-V-SP series.
This self-priming double suction pump is required when it is not possible to supply the inlet with fluid via gravity. This range is ideal for installations where the pump sits above the supply tank requiring a suction lift or where the inlet conditions are difficult such as long pipe runs. Priming is achieved by the main pump and the priming system working in tandem. They operate simultaneously, the priming device works by removing all the air from the inlet pipework, this draws the fluid into the body of the main pump, thus priming. A pressure switch then shuts down the priming device once the adequate pressure is achieved to enable to main pump to operate independently.
The electric or air powered priming options are down to customer preference, however the air vacuum version is better suited for installations with long inlet pipe runs or where long priming times are anticipated as this option can dry run for small periods of time without damage.
This split case centrifugal pump has many benefits:
The high flow rate is made possible by the double suction impeller design. The casing is split into two chambers, this increases the suction performance and balances the hydraulic axial forces which in turn increases the bearing life and improves reliability. The long-coupled design makes the pump very easy to maintain as it is possible to access the pump head without removing the motor. The split case pump is also more robust and designed for continuous use as additional bearings are installed in the pump head, these take a large deal of strain away from the motor during operation.
The split casing design allows the easy disassembly of the rotor group without distorting the pump alignment or the suction and discharge pipework, this in turn allows time saving while the pump is serviced/maintained.
The centrifugal pump and motor have independent shafts, this means that only the pump shaft will need to be replaced in the event of it breaking. Other less robust split casing centrifugal pumps on the market only use the motor shaft, this means that if the shaft breaks, the entire motor needs to be replaced.
The long-coupled design means that there is a large space between the pump and motor, this in turn protects the motor from fluid ingress in the case of a seal failure.
· Self-priming split casing pump fitted with an air powered or electric priming pump
· Can pump a wide range of clean low viscosity fluids
· High flow rate capability up to 6000m³/hr
· Split casing design allows for easy disassembly and maintenance
· Split casing increases bearing life and reliability
· Available in horizontal and vertical designs
· Maximum fluid temperature of 110°C
· Independent pump and motor shafts
· Available in cast iron, 316 stainless steel, duplex stainless steel, bronze and other materials upon request
· Suction and discharge flanges conform to EN 1092-2 / PN 16. Flanges according to EN 1092-1 / PN 16 or PN25 for steel and stainless steel casings.
· Gland packing or single, double and cartridge mechanical seal options available
· Three phase 50hz / 60hz motors. IP55 as standard.
· Independent certification is available upon request
· Low NPSH
· All impellers are balanced according to ISO 1940 class 6.3
· Long coupled with baseplate
Up to 6000m³/hr
Up to 180m
DN65 to DN600
-10°C to +110°C
Electric Motor, Engine